Helping a successful online course scale into paid traffic
Become a Superlearner is an online course in speed reading, memory improvement and rapid learning skills.
The site gets significant traffic via the efforts of it's founder – Jonathan Levi – who hosts a podcast, has a high profile including TED talks, and who has other published books and courses that refer to the Mastermind course at becomeasuperlearner.com
The marketing has evolved organically and it has become harder and harder to see what activities are leading to real results.
The business wants to scale up using paid advertising, but was nervous of doing so without being able to measure ROI.
The Conversion Co. were brought in to look at the funnel from end to end, and we put a lot of skill and effort into tidying up and simplifying automated email sequences, as well as getting end-to-end tracking in place across the marketing websites, email campaigns and the membership site, so we could see where our best customers were coming from.
The project includedmany new marketing assets which are seen by everyone whose email address we capture:
- New landing pages for people referred from Jonathan's book.
- Pop-up offers on the podcast site.
- A webinar sequence with sign-up pages, pre and post-webinar emails, and tracked links
- A tracking system which gave us both the statistics we needed to measure our activities AND the personal data to follow up with
- Market research surveys to understand the problems of people before following the course
- Satisfaction surveys to gather testimonials and drive new product development
- Tracking pixels across Facebook, Google Content Network and other secondary advertising networks
- Landing pages for adverts to “cold” traffic
- Follow-up email sequences for every step of the funnel
- Integrations between a toolset which includes including ActiveCampaign, WordPress, Thinkific, Webinarjam, Stripe and many others
- Tracked links and landing pages for socila media posts to create further email opt-ins and retargeting opportunities
- A testing strategy at every step of the funnel so we can continue to identify weak spots and test for optimum performance.
The video below tells you how we grew this product to over £2m in sales over a 2 year period: