Become a Superlearner is an online course in speed reading, memory improvement and rapid learning skills.
The site gets significant traffic via the efforts of it's founder – Jonathan Levi – who hosts a podcast, has a high profile including TED talks, and who has other published books and courses that refer to the Mastermind course at becomeasuperlearner.com
The marketing has evolved organically and it has become harder and harder to see what activities are leading to real results.
The business wants to scale up using paid advertising, but was nervous of doing so without being able to measure ROI.
What We Delivered
The Conversion Co. were brought in to look at the funnel from end to end, and we put a lot of skill and effort into tidying up and simplifying automated email sequences, as well as getting end-to-end tracking in place across the marketing websites, email campaigns and the membership site, so we could see where our best customers were coming from.
The project included many new marketing assets which are seen by everyone whose email address we capture:
- New landing pages for people referred from Jonathan's book.
- Pop-up offers on the podcast site.
- A webinar sequence with sign-up pages, pre and post-webinar emails, and tracked links
- A tracking system which gave us both the statistics we needed to measure our activities AND the personal data to follow up with
- Market research surveys to understand the problems of people before following the course
- Satisfaction surveys to gather testimonials and drive new product development
- Tracking pixels across Facebook, Google Content Network and other secondary advertising networks
- Landing pages for adverts to “cold” traffic
- Follow-up email sequences for every step of the funnel
- Integrations between a toolset which includes including ActiveCampaign, WordPress, Thinkific, Webinarjam, Stripe and many others
- Tracked links and landing pages for socila media posts to create further email opt-ins and retargeting opportunities
- A testing strategy at every step of the funnel so we can continue to identify weak spots and test for optimum performance.
One of a half-dozen landing pages we tested throughout the campaign
Over a two year period, we grew monthly sales from $7,000 to $179,000 - a 25x increase.
This is probably our biggest increase, certainly in percentage terms and also in terms of the difference it made to the business. As a result of the growth, Jonathan was accepted into Genius Network, a private mastermind group, where he made connections with dozens of higher-level entrepreneurs who have been podcast guests, mentors, and referrals to the business.
The growth, in a product with no direct student contact, has allowed the business to reinvest in new ventures such as the Branding You marketing course.